If you are a tertiary student in south africa chances are you have heard of nsfas and applied or will apply soon. Nsfas is south africa’s biggest student loans financing body, it was setup by the government of south africa to help needy student finance their education at the tertiary level.
What is a student loan.
Loan is basically money borrowed to people and paid over time, student loans are loans borrowed to students and paid when they graduate. Most banks and financial institutions who offer student loans have 1-2 years grace period for graduate before loan repayment. This gives gr
What is student loans.
Applying for NSFAS online – nsfas online application 2020
Every year nsfas opens its application for student through their online portal, for those wanting to apply for this year 2019 nsfas am sorry to let you know it has been closed, however nsfas will open for 2020 application soon probably around november 2019.
Things to note when applying for nsfas.
A lot of people are rejected by nsfas because the make very basic mistakes such as the ones below:
- Incomplete registration – many student who apply for nsfas often do no complete the registration properly. Please check that every necessary documents have been uploaded and every field has been filled with the correct details.
- Fake details – there are thousands of individuals who keep on trying to scam the system, perhaps you are not a scammer but submitted fake details such as fake payslip and fake identity card always make sure you use correct details when applying.
Who should not apply for nsfas.
Nsfas has strict rules for applicants, if you fall in the category below please do not apply.
- If you have completed previous qualifications please NSFAS says dont apply. Nsfas is mostly for undergraduate in the tertiary for the first time.
- If you have a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum, nsfas was setup for needy student not for people who want extra cash.
- If you have already applied, qualified and received funding don’t apply, this is a cheat. Nsfas does not have unlimited funds for student so it has to be circumspect in its spending.
- Foreign student are not to apply for funding from nsfas.
If you want to make any inquires about nsfas you can do so through their contact below.
For general enquiries about NSFAS loans and bursaries
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Private Bag X1, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700